Our first trip to Myanmar to run "Camp California" was a resounding success! This was the first ever summer camp in Myanmar and it was designed by and run by our four student leaders:
- Amy H. (Red Cloud, Age 17)
- Audrey C. (Red Cloud, Age 15)
- Kathy L. (Red Cloud, Age 14)
- Caroline H. (Red Cloud, Age 14)
There were several goals of the camp:
- Hold the first ever summer camp in Myanmar
- Show local teachers and school administrators in Myanmar the benefits and mechanics of creative, project-based learning.
- Establish and on-going relationship with local students and schools in order to further modern curriculum development and bring change to methods and content of K-12 education in Myanmar.
- Cultural exchange and immersion for our student leaders